The Ausangate Hatun Pukaran or Cuyuni viewpoint, located at 3,800 meters above sea level, is a iSur – Asociacion Odebrecht initiative where comuneros from Ccatcca have been trained for its management. It offers a rich opportunity for experiential tourism for travelers who want to admire the beautiful Ausangate landscape. In the viewpoint we can find a restaurant which offers dishes prepared with supplies from the communities and a store that sells sheep and alpaca textiles, and natural dyes, managed by the corporation formed by the comuneros from Ccatcca. From the viewpoint’s terrace we can appreciate the valley down below, the Ausangate which is the main apu in the andean world view, and the Cascapampa lake.
- Location: 65 kilometers from Cusco. Once you arrive at Muñapata – Urcos you have to take the Interoceanic Highway into the jungle. Aprox. 20 kms into the highway you arrive at the viewpoint, after crossing the Cuyuni clearing at 4,185 meters above sea level.
- Admission: free
- Services: restaurant, emergency medical service, textile shop and bathrooms in good state
- Open: Monday to Sunday from 7am to 5pm
- Duration of the experience: 3 hours
- More information: T.984284994 / www.miradorcuyuni.com.pe
Text & Photos by Iñigo Maneiro
- Small Thumbnails